February 24, 2021
In this weeks episode I chat to Lorraine who is a doula otherwise known as Mama2Mama.
Lorraine offers faces to face support in and around Leeds and Manchester and remote support across the UK. After training with Nurturing Birth, Lorraine has cared for a diverse number of clients with compassion and a tenacity to improve the birthing experience for all. She has experience supporting solo mums at all stages of their journey.
In this episode we talk about:
- What a doula is
- How a doula could support you across your entire solo motherhood journey
- What you should look for in a birth partner
- How being a Doula worked during Covid and what elements can be remote*
- Why it can be beneficial to have no birthing partner if that is your preference
- Why it's important to offer space to talk about your birth experience
- The concept of a post partum PJ party
- Where you can find more out about doula services available
You can find Lorraine at:
* This podcast was recorded when there were certain restrictions in place due to Covid, these may be different now